Thursday, August 5, 2010

Backsplash - option 4

Well, the results are in for my poll about your backsplash tile preferences, and the vast majority preferred either the subway tile with steel strip, or the stone-look tiles, with the subway tiles winning the day. But I have to confess that I'm not warming to the steel strip. I really do think it'll date the kitchen.

Anyway, Katie and I played around with the tile samples a little more tonight, and I think we hit on a design that I will really like. (I also bought some sticky-tac so I could place the layout on the wall vertically and get a better feel for how it will look.)

Note: there will be a 3-inch granite backsplash between the countertop and the wall tiles. It's a long story. Don't ask.

So here's the tile layout we came up with:


See how it combines options 1 and 2, and ties the cupboard colour into the wall tile? What do you think? I think I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...