Friday, September 17, 2010

Pout.

Well, I finally heard back from the employer who interviewed me while my hair was doing reverse acrobatics. As you can tell from my title, I did not get the answer I was hoping for.

Here's what happened: they evidently wanted to offer me the job, but there was some internal budgetary ball-tossing and, essentially, no one was able to pick up my salary. Sooooo, the job does not exist as advertised.

While this is the kind of thing that one hopes they would figure out ahead of time, I've been in the position of hiring contractors before and know that sh!t happens. And I kind of figured, by how long it was taking them to get back to me, that the news was not going to be good. Honestly, I'm glad to hear it was an internal difficulty and that I hadn't mis-read the dynamic in the room, because I really had the impression that we all agreed that I would be a good fit for them.

I did take the opportunity to offer my services as a freelancer, and the manager seemed pleasantly surprised that I would consider this and sounded interested. (Hey, income is income! That pool ain't gonna pay for itself!) He also said he would shop my resume around to other managers, which is good news for me. Because you never know.

So, the bottom line is I still have a little more time to hunt for my work shoes (they're in the basement somewhere!). And if you hear of any interesting opportunities (short- or long-term), please do let me know.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear this. How frustrating.
    Wish you were here in Toronto.. definitely work to be had!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...