Sunday, April 3, 2011

Is nothing sacred?

At our house, birthdays are very serious affairs.
She is NOT doing the chicken dance.
Well. Katie was home for her birthday dinner and, while I was in the kitchen helping Emily and Peter prepared a Rice Krispies birthday cake, I heard the phrase, "Chicken Dance" from the living room, followed by raucous laughter.

"What?!" I yelped, and dashed into the living room, glaring at Stephen in dismay.

In this context (Katie's birthday) I could think of only one thing that would cause those two particular words to be uttered.

And I was right; Steve had divulged the TMI secret of Katie's conception. To our children! So now they know - and so do you.

Yes, the novelty tune that has been played at more weddings than "Here Comes the Bride" had something to do with Katie's conception. But, no, I'm not telling you what. All I WILL tell you is that nothing happened on the dance floor or in public.

I suppose there is a silver lining to this: none of OUR children will be playing that tune at their weddings. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...