Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Photo Class: Fast Reshoot Required

Oh, my. This latest class "Fast" challenged us to catch motion in action, crisply and cleanly with a super-fast shutter speed.

So at lunch today, I popped outside for some fresh air and to catch a few pictures of vehicles in motion - something we see a lot of downtown. I thought it would be easy. Hah!

Here's pretty much the best picture I got. I really like the old-fashioned trolley and the neo-gothic Parliament buildings in the background.
f/4.5, 1/800, ISO/80
Is that a bad photo or what?
  • Underexposed? Check (and, believe it or not, it was high noon on a relatively sunny day!)
  • Wrong colour balance? Check
  • Not straight? Check
  • Ugly CBC satellite dish included? Check
On the bright side (pardon the pun), it had lots of pixels to work with, so I was able to do some fixing. Some serious fixing.
  • Exposure corrected? Check. Possibly overcorrected
  • Light colour corrected? Check
  • Ugly CBC satellite dish and pole removed? Check
Just for fun, here's a side-by-side before and after collage. Pretty dramatic.

Still not what I'd call a great photo, and I don't like how much work I did to it, so I will try to do a retake tomorrow, if this cold hasn't totally slain me. Maybe I'll let our indoor cat outdoors and see what happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...