Thursday, April 14, 2011

Photo Class: Shhh!

The theme for today's free online photo class is Quiet. And, to me, nothing says "quiet" more than my cat does (except when she has found a mouse (Look! Look! A mouse!) and has left it at the bottom of the stairs at one in the morning and just. Can't. Wait. For us to find it.)

Our cat's purr, a quiet almost-not-a-sound sound, is one of the most beautiful things I know. Such a wonderful reward for doing nothing more than simply loving her. When she does purr, she always reminds me of the Frances Lester Warner verse - not sure you would call this a poem ...
The pleasure of your company is a many-sided affair. It includes the pleasure of seeing you, the pleasure of hearing you talk, the drama of watching your actions, your likes and dislikes and adventures; the pleasure of hunting you up in your haunts, and the delicate flattery we feel when you hunt us up in ours. We mean all of this and more when we say that we find you ‘congenial’
Congeniality, when once established between two kindred spirits or in a group, is the most carefree of human relationships. It is effortless, like purring. It is a basic theme in friendship.
– Frances Lester Warner 
Elly wondering what I am up to.
f/2.8, 1/100, ISO/800

Elly, indignant. "I was asleep, dammit! Couldn't you SEE I was sleeping?"
f/3.5, 1/100, ISO 800

Miraculously, these photos did not require much editing at all. In fact, I didn't do anything to the first one. As for the lesson, I did try to follow the rule of thirds and to tilt the camera. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I love Elly's expression in the last photo! Who says cats have no personality!?

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...