Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tiptoe Through the Tulips

One of the many huge plaster tulips around town
that have been painted by local artists.
Here it is from further away.

I convinced my Aunt Winkie to drive up from Toronto for the Tulip Festival in Ottawa. She came all that way, so despite the less than stellar (or solar) weather, we went down to Dow's Lake for a walk in the park. We didn't actually tiptoe through the tulips as there were lots of signs warning us not to.

The tulips were not in full bloom, but they were quite spectacular. Here are a few pictures to whet your appetite to visit Ottawa's parks.
Click to enlarge.
I think the one at the left is my favourite. It's called China Town.


It was just spectacular. And I'm SO glad I've taken that photography class; I could never have taken these pictures without it.

Yay, spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...