Sunday, August 28, 2011

You are Worthy of Love and Belonging

According to researcher/storyteller Brené Brown, the message we need to give our children, and anyone we care about is not, "You are perfect," but rather, "You, [I, we] are worthy of love and belonging."

Donna Karlin, my once-upon-a-time shadow coach, shared this video, which I have seen before, but which does not lose its power to make me think. It's a 20-minute talk, so it'll take a while, but I encourage you to get a cup of tea or a glass of wine and sit down and watch. I kept wanting to stop the tape and take notes.

With great humour and, yes, vulnerability and openness, she tells us that she has learned that the people who are happiest, who live their lives the most wholeheartedly, are also the ones who embrace vulnerability, risk and uncertainty.
"To feel this vulnerable means I'm alive." ~ Brené Brown, Ph.D
Not an easy place to be, but absolutely worth the effort. Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...