Friday, October 28, 2011

Here comes the sun (du dn du du)!

And I say, "It's all right!"


This song perfectly expresses how I've felt this week. Four days ago (that's all?) I wrote a heart-on-my-sleeve post about the increasingly overwhelming depression I'd been struggling with for weeks.

I had been thinking about writing it for at least two weeks and then saved it in draft mode for a while after writing it. And even after publishing it, I debated whether to post the link to Facebook as I usually do.

But I did publish and share it because it would have felt hypocritical to do otherwise after my outspoken rant about how depression should not be veiled in shame. [Interesting: I wrote that post on October 7, 2010, almost exactly a year ago. I think I was dancing with a moderate seasonal depression at the time.]

I asked for prayers, and specifically for a quick turnaround. Let me tell you, you guys responded with support and love, and prayers. Some of you shared privately or publicly that you had your own demons. Thank you.

I want to let you know that the quick turnaround happened. As did the good meds. Still working on the psychiatrist. And I've discovered that a suddenly lifted depression is akin to rounding a bend to discover the most spectacular sunset on water.


Or that first glug of water after you've been thirsty for a while. Or a mouthful of juicy bacon. Or a really stupendous series of orgasms. [We women have it good, fellas.]

Yah, it's that good.

Mille mercis. [A thousand thank-yous.]

P.S. To anyone else out there who is struggling, it really does help to talk about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...