Friday, February 17, 2012

Call the WAH-mbulance!

I love Vancouver, but the feeling does NOT seem to be mutual.

Last summer I came out to work at a conference, but I came down with a bug a day or so before flying out. It was nasty; I swore it was turning into pneumonia (I've never before or since heard sounds like that coming from my chest). I dragged myself through the three days, went home and collapsed in bed.

Again, I'm in Vancouver, and again I'm sick. I've finally caught the cold that had been bouncing around our office and at home. (Steve even took a sick day! I can count on one hand the number of times he has done that in his career.)

Fortunately, my boss is here and she also had the cold, so she knows how miserable it is.

But I feel guilty! Yes, guilty. For all the expense of flying me out here, putting me up and I'm contributing ... very little really.

I hope the Cold FX kicks in tomorrow, so I can put forth more of an effort.

And as a final whine, I didn't bring my camera, and I really wish I had. Packing light sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...