Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Year that Was

I am temporarily disabled - my left wrist encased in an orthopedic contraption because it hurts. Possibly caused by arthritis (it's been stiff and painful in the mornings, lately) or possibly a sprain, though I don't recall any accidents.

In any case, I'm glad I won't be going to the office until Wednesday; I hope to be better by then.

In the meantime, what better time to look back at 2012 and share some of my favourite highlights?

In January, Steve and I went to Vegas for his birthday weekend - from blizzard to desert and back again.

In February, I discovered that my diabetes, which had been "controlled" by diet and exercise was, in fact, out of control.

In March, I shared my mother's recipe for Seven Minute Frosting - the secret to my favourite birthday cakes.

After our Easter celebration in April, I wrote up some of my favourite tips for entertaining.

In May, I started taking medication for my diabetes and noticed an interesting decrease in my appetite.

In June, I celebrated my fiftieth birthday!

July's posts focused on food, including my recipe for Frank's Home-Fried Potatoes, as I've been slowly, and obsessively working on a family cookbook.

For the first three weeks in August, I thought all my Facebook friends were ignoring me. :(

In September, we slipped away to Gananoque (near Kingston).

In October, I survived a flu shot. Ugh.

In November, I reflected on the eternal surprise of my menstrual cycle.

This month, I shared some of our holiday preparations, including these Kit Kat houses (yummy!).

Well, that sums up a lot of my year. Misses a few things as well, of course. Can't wait to see what 2013 has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...