Thursday, February 21, 2013

Oh, look! A squirrel!

I really can't say whether it's the natural progression of middle age or simple ADHD, but this distractibility really is getting annoying.

Just now, for example, I realized I needed my purse, so I stood up to get it from the hallway, about four meters away.

Then I saw my dirty dishes and decided I ought to put them in the kitchen while I was up.

I got to the kitchen and realized the counter needed tidying and the dishwasher was ready to turn on.

And I was thirsty, so I got a glass of water.

I walked past my purse as I came back and sat down, proud of having accomplished something.

I picked up my laptop and realized that I needed my purse.

So, it's not so much that things don't get done, it's just that they don't necessarily get done in the order I would like.

Excuse me, now. I have to go get my purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...