Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Home again, home again, jiggety-jog.

Cozy.
Where was I? Oh yah. I was going to check exactly where I've been over the past . . . how many weeks was it?

A couple of years ago, I posted about the crazy, coming-and-going schedule Steve and I had kept that spring. Well, friends, this has been another one of those springs, and much of it was my own doing.

I count that between May 26 and today, I have spent a total of five days in the office. FIVE DAYS out of 32 working days!

I was in the office on May 16, 17, 21, 22, and 23.
I put Steve's camping trip in there only to be consistent with my previous calendar.
Spring happens to be "Crazy Conference Season" in our business, which requires a good amount of travel for me. When you add in vacation travel, some planned sick time, and a four-day course - it adds up.

When I arrived back at the office this afternoon, there were several calls of "Welcome back!"

For much of that time I've been "at home," but most of May I wasn't even in Ottawa. Last weekend, I took my daughter out for dinner and she said, "I've missed you."

And, although I had wireless access during the work-related travel, it is really difficult to stay on top of things while you are in transit. I took care of anything urgent and important, but there were plenty of things that were important but not urgent that got moved to the longer-term task list.

It all means that I feel a little tired and a little disconnected.

It is good to be back, and I'm looking forward to getting caught up on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...