Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Excuse me, waiter?

On a recent date night, Steve and I were led to our table by a hostess wearing a T-shirt that bore this message on the back.

"If you can read this, it means I'm serving another customer."
I recreated the shirt at Zazzle, but that is exactly what the shirt said.

Now, while I understand that waiters may feel harried if guests at one table interrupt them while they are serving another table, but I have to say, the only times I've ever done such a thing were when I could not otherwise get the waiter's attention.

So, dear restaurant manager, if your staff find that being interrupted by guests is a big problem, why not teach them how to handle the problem courteously, rather than printing up passive-aggressive T-shirts that imply, "Please shut up. I'm busy ignoring you."

Here is my suggestion:Make eye contact with the other guests and say, "I'll be right with you." Smile. Make sure you do stop by the other table.

See? Not that hard, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...