Friday, November 14, 2014

Oh, Interwebs!

Moss Balls or marimo (Japanese for "ball seaweed") is a species of green algae
that grow into large green balls with a velvety appearance. Found on Amusing Planet
Welcome to my periodic round-up of things I've found online that make me smile, cry, laugh, think, shout, or drop my jaw. 



LAUGH

For all my friends who can really enjoy English lit, here's a fun take on Ayn Rand: Outfits I have Coveted in Atlas Shrugged, Mallory Ortberg, author of Texts from Jane Eyre (which, if you haven't heard of it, you need to check out).
“She lay in bed, propped up on pillows of pale green linen. Her bed jacket was pale green satin, worn with the untouched perfection of a window model; its lustrous folds looked as if the crinkle of tissue paper still lingered among them. The light, shaded to a tone of apple blossoms, fell on a table that held a book, a glass of fruit juice, and toilet accessories of silver glittering like instruments in a surgeon’s case. Her arms had a tinge of porcelain. There was a touch of pale pink lipstick on her mouth.”

NOBODY LOOKS GOOD WEARING PALE GREEN, IT IS A RECIPE FOR LOOKING SALLOW AND CONSUMPTIVE, BUT DAMN IF I DON’T WANT TO SIT IN THAT ROOM BREATHING SOME APPLE-SCENTED AIR IN A SICKLY GODDAMN BED JACKET.




NOD YOUR HEAD

Why, yes, I must agree that Tom Hanks is a national treasure.


LAUGH

Some Twitter fun going on . . .







(@HonestToddler is my fave.)


THINK

XKCD's humour is smart. So smart that this gave me a headache.



1 comment:

  1. Love Honest Toddler.. can do with Kim and her butt. *eyeroll*

    And absolutely agree that Tom Hanks is a treasure, and we must protect him at all costs! :)

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...