Friday, April 24, 2015

Oh, Interwebs!

This boy's father uses Photoshop for good, not evil. See more pictures of Wil on That Dad Blog.
Welcome to my periodic round-up of things I've found online that make me smile, cry, laugh, think, shout, or drop my jaw. 



DROP YOUR JAW

One would think that a university would take good care of the brains left in their trust. You might be wrong.
Hidden away out of sight in a forgotten storage closet deep within the bowels of the University of Texas State Mental Hospital languished a forgotten, but unique and exceptional, collection of 100 extremely rare, malformed, or damaged human brains preserved in jars of formaldehyde.
Photographer Adam Voorhes photographed these haunting brains. Read more (and see some pictures) here.

LAUGH
"Come be my coffee table. I'll be your sofa." Actual song lyrics, people. Actual lyrics.



SMILE

I'm not a big fan of tattoos, but I have to admit, a tattoo of my favourite book (especially one from my childhood) really appeals to me. Check out these for inspiration.


PACK YOUR BAGS!

I really want to go here.
The Bourton-on-the-Water Model Village is a one-ninth scale replica of the heart of the beautiful Cotswold village, containing all the buildings from the Old Water Mill (now the Car Museum) down to the Old New Inn and the ford.

DROP YOUR JAW

What Paul DeSomma and Marsha Blaker do with glass is just, well, jaw-droppingly gorgeous.


See more here. 

LAUGH

Daylight saving: is it still too soon to laugh? Or should we all move to Saskatchewan?


2 comments:

  1. brains. no. no. don't buy those.
    coloured glass: yes!! buy all the coloured glass!
    I really don't get that song - LOL. Like the "I'm so sexy" is so over-try it cannot be serious. wait, is he serious? :)
    But I definitely laughed the hardest at the Saving Daylight thing. that was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love coloured glass in any form, but especially organic shapes.

      Delete

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...