Friday, August 21, 2015

Oh, Interwebs!

Kilchurn Castle, Loch Awe, Scotland
More reasons why Scotland needs to be on our vacation bucket list on EarthPorm
Welcome to my periodic round-up of things I've found online that make me smile, cry, laugh, think, shout, or drop my jaw. 



READ BETWEEN THE LINES

The truth is in what she says and what she doesn't.

Your profile said, “I am in need of the best love.” Your honesty made my throat ache.
You wrote, “Hey, I want to be honest here.” I stopped reading.
You described yourself as old-fashioned, suave, and aggressive.
You wrote, “Hey, how are you?” I was bingeing on Hershey’s Hugs and sending telepathic messages to my ex: think of me.

Read Why I Didn't Write Back at The-Toast.


LEARN


I occasionally read the Post Secret blog, a collection of postcards that people have sent in to Frank Warren sharing their secrets, often the most shameful ones they've buried deepest. He then scans these cards and posts them on the website, PostSecret.com. Many of them have been published in a book, as well.

In The Art of Authenticity, an interview with Ben Huberman, he talks about what he's learned and how the project has grown over the past ten years.
One way to think of a secret is as dark matter — this stuff that makes up 90%-95% of what’s in the universe but that we can’t see, we can’t sense. The only way we know it’s there is how it affects the behavior of other objects.


DROP YOUR JAW

This is why it's important to make time for your spouse after you have children. Otherwise you might end up like this miserable woman. (I feel for her kids.)


FEAST YOUR EYES

Lest you think that you need a super-duper DSLR camera to take good photos, check out the wedding pictures here, taken on an iPhone by a professional photographer, mind you.



LAUGH

Who needs love? Irritating your better half is a better way to add spice to your relationship. That's the premise of 15 Ways to Really Annoy Your Partner. (I can vouch for these techniques: they are absolutely annoying.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...