Friday, August 28, 2015

Oh, Interwebs!

Jane Long takes old photos and creates beautiful, fantastical composites.
Hat tip to Kylee-Anne; seen at MyModernMet.
Welcome to my periodic round-up of things I've found online that make me smile, cry, laugh, think, shout, or drop my jaw. 



LAUGH

It's almost back-to-school time (in Canada) -- so here's to some of our favourite teachers!


BLUSH (AND THEN LEARN)

Way to go, Bob!





DROP YOUR JAW

World War I battle scars on the fields and forests of Verdun, France.

Those are not twigs or branches. They are rusted rifles found in the ground around Verdun.
When you're finished looking at those pictures, check out the powerful 'Hope for Peace' monument by Armand Fernandez.


LAUGH

I see some opportunities for fun in Kane's future. (My fun, that is.)




LAUGH

A rebuttal to those who've taken "small space" to ridiculous (tiny) lengths.
I f’ing love the idea of downsizing and living a “simple life,” but seriously, where do you put your shit? You still have some clothing and shoes and towels and all that jazz, right? Or do you just wear overalls now? Overalls and Birkenstocks and one towel that you share with your entire family. Where do you wash that towel, hmm? Do you have a tiny river that runs behind your tiny house? I bet you do. I bet your whole Goddamn property is whimsical.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...