Friday, September 4, 2015

Oh, Interwebs!

Photo by Tony Luciani, entitled "Internal Reflection"
Of it, the Canadian artist says, "Dementia tears you in half.
Both are her and of her, many years apart, but together in her mind."
See more of his art and an interview on SLR Lounge.
Welcome to my periodic round-up of things I've found online that make me smile, cry, laugh, think, shout, or drop my jaw. 


DROP YOUR JAW

Not that many of us will be come Master Penmen, but if we stop teaching cursive writing in schools, then it's possible that this may become a lost art. Jake Weidmann's artistry is mesmerizing.






DROP YOUR JAW

I often ponder the younger "me's" that are within me and have looked at tree rings with the same question: what were you like when you were just a sapling? In The Life Within, sculptor Giuseppe Penone meticulously carves out the rings of a tree to reveal the saplings from within the mature (dead) trees. Not unlike what Tony Luciani (photo at top of this post) does with photography.



See more pictures on Weird Wood.


THINK

The Art Saves Lives shares art work and interviews of people with mental illness, including artist Emma Phillips who has Borderline Personality Disorder. In this post, Emma says, "I feel society and culture are more accepting of depression and anxiety but not of more complex disorders." I think she succinctly captures the issue for many who struggle with complex mental illness.


LAUGH

Google has seen a LOT of sad/crazy questions about sex.


2 comments:

  1. I am truly awed by Jake's talent. It's incredible. I love that some art forms are not being lost to new technology.

    I'm almost afraid to go into that Google Sex one.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jake's artwork makes me slightly ashamed of my handwriting. The google questions were mostly harmless, though they did prompt me to ask: and these people can vote?

      Delete

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...